handicap

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:57 am

I assume we will be taking the outer path (RHS) through Macc Forest after the reservoir as normal or does it matter?

Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:23 am

Off Teggs,leave the bottom 2 resers on your left,left up the road,rt past the waterworks,leaving reser on your left to the road,left & immediate right & straight up the main path to the top(1 newly made bit of path near the top of the forest)
Forecast much less snowy this morning.....fingers crossed.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:36 am

If anyone thinks this map is wrong let me know.
Actually let John know 'cos it's his map.

http://www.mh.k313.com/mh/fell/handicap%202006.jpg
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:34 am

Just an inch of snow in Tytherington and low chance of any more. Depends on the road upto Rhona's. Await with bated breath!
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:04 pm

I`ll have a drive up that way later today & post early evening a provional yes or no.
I`ll also be up early in the morning putting out warning signs so if it`s necessary to call it off then I`ll phone someone who can spread the news.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Stephen Watts » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Phil

I have invited Spyke and Judith Jepson for the handicap tomorrow, if that is ok. For their handicap times you might look at the British Champs race results for Jude and I think the last races Spyke did was Black Mount and Stanage Struggle. Don't listen to any rubbish about not knowing the route.

Last time I spoke to Tom Brunt he said he might see me at the Handicap. Might be worth giving consideration to a suitable start time for him too, if he does come along. Probably the same start time as Spyke, although Tom will probably be mainly running quickly in the right direction?

Thanks

PS The weather looks almost perfect for the handicap tomorrow.
Stephen Watts
Mid pack runner

Postby phil cheek » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks Steve,I`ll add them to the list.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby markmcdermott » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm unexpectedly still in the country after a fruitless attempt to fly from L'pool at 4am this morning, so I'll come along but I'm dismayed at the severe handicap you've given me, especially as I'm like TOTALLY NOT USED to being out in snow. How about 9-ish? eh? eh?
markmcdermott
Plodder

Postby phil cheek » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Good news,
The road thru Rainow & the lane up to Common Barn are free of snow & ice & well gritted.The track down to the farm will need a bit of care.
So unless there is an unfporecast dump tonite we are on for tomorrow.
PLEASE bring plenty of gear and take extra care.A minor accident will very quickly become serious in this much winchill.Some mobile phones and bivibags would be a good idea.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby matt kowalski hicks » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:57 pm

I hope you all had a good run out. Rose and I didn't make it after I took a tumble coming down Sticks pass yeaterday and broke something in my foot.
matt kowalski hicks
Front runner

Postby geofpet1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Hope its not too bad Matt. Great day out today, big thanks to Phil for organising it. Do you realise that for the second consecutive year a Mow Cop Runner member has won the handicap? In other words for every year we have existed we have won it - cmon give us a bit of competition next year! :)
geofpet1
Elite athlete

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks again Phil it was challenging for me but that makes it even better having finished. Also very appreciated was the sweetie by the cat & fiddle after that freezing breeze. The sweetie tree was easier than the descent from Shining Tor!
Nancy by name...
Nancy
Elite athlete

Postby BrianMac » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Great day out Phil. Thanks again for all your hard work.
ps: please please please can I have a decent handicap next year (thought I would get that one in early :lol:
BrianMac
Honorary Paparazzi

Postby Hazel » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks Phil for great day, thanks Colin for showing me the route and the sweetie tree, and thank you for the sweet at the Cat and Fiddle
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby Donworkin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks for the effort you put in each year Phil to put this show on the road. Sterling stuff. :D

For a while back there I thought the free sweetie at the Cat and Piddle would allow me to ignore the ones offered on The Tree. Then it dawned: on this even there’s no such thing as a free lunch. :(
Donworkin
Elite athlete

PreviousNext

Return to Fell Running