Wednesday night or weekend?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Wednesday night
50%
Weekend
50%

Total votes : 12

Postby Digby » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Many thanks to the 22 hardy soles who turned up last night and for your donations to Buxton Mountain Rescue (£60).

Results are as follows:

(i) S Watts & Neil King; Chk pts visited: 14; Time: 1h 46min; Penalties: no penalties; Total points: 14
(ii) Jon T & Euan D; 11; 1h 42m; no penalties; 11
(iii) Brian J & Craig H; 10; 1h 50m; no penalties; 10
(iv) Matt K-H & Rose; 8; 1h 45m; no penalties; 8
(v) Larry D & Phil B; 11; 1h 53m; -3; 8
(vi) Rick & Sally; 6; 1h 43m; no penalties; 6
(vii) Andy S & Ang; 6; 1h 47m; no penalties; 6
(viii) Hazel & Kerry; 10; 1h 54m; -4; 6
(ix) Clare & Rick; 7; 1h 59m; -13; 0
(x) Mike N & Steve S; 12; 2h 1m; all point lost; 0
(xi) Dave T & Trev; 8; 2h 12m; all points lost; 0

Many thanks to: Phil C for putting out the controls; Julian B for preparing the maps; Mike & Steve for doing registration and Brian J & mate for retrieving controls.

Dave T maintain some consistency I see :wink: Trev - you were a brave man! :lol: Glad we didn't have to call out the mountain rescue!

Same again next year?
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby Clare GVS » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks for a great evening's fun Digby: I think that's the most excitement I've ever had in Buxton on a weekday night!
Clare GVS
Front runner

Postby mudskimmer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Seems to be a trend now of Dave T's of scoring a big fat 0 !!
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:52 pm

A very tough & slow area ( don't leave the moor perimeter track being good advice for the night ) very harsh over time penalty that Brian & I ( the oldest team on the night possibly ) very narrowly avoided.
Thanks Diggers & all the various helpers.
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Ang » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks Digby and helpers, great night's entertainment!
Andy and I changed our game plan when we realized that we'd followed the wrong stream and we did exactly as Craig suggested not to do- ended up wandering across the moor looking for controls that were hiding from us. It was a beautiful night tho'- enhanced by the dim light of my head torch which Andy so altruistically wore (he gave me his spotlight). This added to the entertainment when I was privy to frequent thuds as Andy hit the deck for another time as he had no clue what terrain laid beneath. He still managed to emerge with a smile on his face despite his demise. Lilly with her emerald green eyes became our guide dog and we were pleased to actually make it back with 3 mins to spare and no penalties!
When's round 2?
Ang
Plodder

Postby Hazel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:06 pm

Brilliant evening Digby despite an evening of falling flat on my face, losing my leg into a deep hole full of water, and numerous trips and slips (I don't think I should be let out again ) - and no to all you comedians, I didn't actually "lose" my leg, it's still attached! I just felt sorry for Kerry having to put up with me, no wonder we had penalty points!
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby matt kowalski hicks » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks Digby - we have (I had) much fun and the challenge was definately greater if you didn't follow the perimeter path !! I don't think i need to practice the night nav any more - just the doing it faster
matt kowalski hicks
Front runner

Postby longshanks » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Many thanks Digby - an excellent evening stumbling - definitely enlivened by a bit of off-perimeter heather trogging. Very enjoyable

Ewan
longshanks
Plodder

Postby Mr T » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Thanks again Digby. A great night out.
Old enough to know better, daft enough to still give it a go...
Mr T
Mid pack runner

Postby Brian J » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:14 am

Many thanks Digby for an excellent evening and Craig for partnering me. Craig persuaded me to go out and back for the trig point and I was sure we had overcooked it. However, I have to admit that he got it spot on. We got back with seconds to spare. All that Karrimor Score Class experience between us paid off.
Less than 14 hours later and I was back on the area. A lovely bracing day and all the controls collected in.
Brian J
Front runner

Postby phil cheek » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:39 am

You lot ARE all completely insane.
To go out there is one thing...to "enjoy" it is another.At least a few hardy souls visited more controls than I would have expected as I trudged round putting out controls in the farthest/roughest parts of the moor.
Did anyone meet the small herd of goats?They found me & clearly expected to be fed.I had visions of chewed contol kites.
And if Tucker thinks he`ll get away with the equivalent of a deliberate red card to enhance his handicap he can think again.
I`m working from Annette`s new house todat.Sitting here looking over the sunlit sound to Goat Fell on Arran.Will ride to the ferry over to Cumbrae & ride round the island later.It`s a hard life.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:55 am

thanks Dave T for coming last - it at least takes some of the glare off my contribution to our RAB denouement!
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby david tucker » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:27 am

It was all worth it for the Dogs Bollocks afterwards. A cracking night out, high on the Combs Plateau and it was just like Winter, crunching through the ice. The only problem was it was dark, very dark and very cold and difficult to see the controls. And they were very tiny but at least we had a go at it. When's the next one Digby?
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby fellsman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Unfortunately I forgot to take my reading glasses, which put me and Dave at an immediate disadvantage as I did not know where I was most of the time. (nothing unusual I hear some of you saying) However Dave did a sterling job and got us back to the pub before closing ! Thanks for the organisation Diggers. Would have been a great event on a warm Summer evening !!
fellsman
Mid pack runner

Previous

Return to Fell Running