Naylor Plan

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby LARRY » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:11 pm

We are leaving Buxton around midnight Friday and picking Ian S up on route, if anyone else (Julie) would like a lift up with us then let me know. We intend to come back Sunday afternoon ish maybe after a short walk Diggers has expressed that he may come back with us.

If anyone has an empty tent pitched at Pooley bridge and wouldn't mind, I am sure Jo would appreciate the chance to get a few hours kip between seeing us off at 2:30 and picking us up again at Dunmail.

Larry
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Dave and Digby... what time do you want to be leaving Macc on Friday, and if you are staying Saturday night, do you have lifts back arranged?

Please give a call or reply here... see you Friday. :P

07709 261715
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:41 pm

All,just reading the latest posts at nearly 10PM Monday after a 16 hour work day.
If I respond now I`ll almost certainly get it wrong.
Update tomorrow AM.
ZZZZZZZ Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 am

Response to yesterday`s posts.
Friday night campsite is Waterside House(GR464231)Theyn are expecting an unspecified number of us.Jo there will be several empty tents,take your pick. Martin will return after Dunmail to pack up.
Folk coming off the hill at Kirkstone & Dunmail,Martin & Kerry will get you back to cars at POoley.
Cars left at Dunmail may have to stay there till Sunday morning unless the owner would prefer it driven to Pooley or even Wasdale if we have the resource.We`ll have to leave you to sort that out yourselves in the few minutes of the changeover I`m afraid.
Julie,it`s Dave,Hazel & me.We do not intend to split but have navigators to do so,at least from Sty Head.
We have individual time sheets(waterproof) all the way & will have individual clothes & food for on the hill.We`ll leave the supporters to work out who`se looking after who.There will be a clothes bag for each contender going thru & a labelled food/water bag for each contender for each leg.
Joss & Monica know we`re on our way,I expect to see someone(Joss or David) on the last hill(s).
What have I forgotten?Can I get on with planning tomorrow night please?
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Hazel » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Just a quick update on Phil's post (have e mailed him this anyway)
Martin will be able to take people back to Pooley from Kirkstone and Dunmail, but this won't be after Dunmail cos of the time.
He won't have time to take down tents and pack up, just drop people off at camp site as he has to get round to Greendale, drop stuff off, meet up with Leg 4 supporters take them to Wasdale Head and walk up to Sty Head as he wants to meet us up there. (He's going to be a very busy boy!!!)
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:02 pm

That should have read "till AFTER dunmail".
Volunteer tent dismantlers would be useful.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Plan coming together... Punto will be leaving Macc 5 ish with Dave W and Digby.

Drop Digby at Pooley Bridge...

Continue to Wasdale; check in; pitch up; eat, rest...

Dave to drive me and Jon T to Dunmail for about 8ish.

Dave to take the Italian supercar (less prancing horse, more dependable spaniel :wink: ) back to Wasdale and join the outgoing group to join the incoming JNC crew.

Back slapping and hurrahs to follow the utter success that the weekend will be... drink, eat and shower, followed by myself and Mr W returning to Macc.

Is Digby coming back to Macc with Larry and Jo then? And bringing my tent back?

That sound like a plan? Jon T and Digby, please text me your approval.

If I can be of any further use, do let me know.

Looking forward it (and the glorious weather).

Simon

07709 261715
Simon
Elite athlete

FAO Phil, Larry

Postby Digby » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Left my phone at work otherwise would have called.

A quick update: no running for me this weekend but Saam and I will be coming up and staying at Church Stile campsite on Friday and Saturday nights. We'll be bringing our car.

If the weather is not too grim we hope to meet the contenders on the last hill (Middle Fell I think?) if someone could let us know the schedule time and give us a call a couple of hours in advance (0771 749 7640). Phil - pl. can you e-mail me the schedule, I don't recall having seen it but could be wrong.

Larry - obviously no need for a lift now for me but thank you.

Can't remember arrangements for Saturday evening but Saam and I are both on for pub celebrations if kids are allowed. Let me know if they're not and I'll leave him at home! :wink:
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Digby(&all)
Thanks for that.
Please be aware forecast for Saturday is VERY dodgy.
We will make a final decision Friday morning early as soon as the mets are updated & post here,hopefully by 9ish.
Sunday currently looks a bit better,so fingers crossed.
Thanks all for your patience.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Mr T » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:49 pm

All sounds like a good plan to me Simon. Thanks to you and Dave for sorting it out. See you in Church Stile campsite on Friday and/or early Saturday morning.
Old enough to know better, daft enough to still give it a go...
Mr T
Mid pack runner

Previous

Return to Fell Running