Old County Tops

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Old County Tops

Postby lemming » Thu May 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Looks like a good Macc turnout for the OCT with 5 teams either fully or partially Macc. They are still taking enteries if anyone else fancies it.

In the interests of being sociable, if anyone is staying up for the weekend I'm camping at the Great Langdale NT site with Florence and Ed. Plan is to do an interesting but slow walk/trot out on the Sunday (legs permitting).

Keep in mind there is a team prize with Macc, DP, Pennine and Glossopdale all with enough teams to count.

Cheers,
Ian
lemming
Plodder

Postby LARRY » Thu May 12, 2011 2:19 pm

No pressure then! :shock:
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby Clare GVS » Sun May 22, 2011 10:02 am

A good day out for Macc with two teams in the top five if I'm not mistaken.

Kirsty H generously stepped in to be my partner at 48 hours notice and was fantastic, dragging me round the course with unfailing good humour when I began to flag before Cockley Beck. We won the ladies team prize (first of two ladies teams, and the others were vets I think!) which I'd say rightly belongs to the harriers :)

Well done to all!
Clare GVS
Front runner

Postby Digby » Sun May 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Well done to Kirsty and Claire for winning the Ladies prize and to Mike and Ian for a storming performance (7h49m) and for winning the V90 prize.

Craig/Larry - heard you retired - are you ok?
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby Clare GVS » Sun May 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Well done to Digby too for a rather impressive unofficial solo time!

Hope you're ok Larry and Craig. Also best wishes to Ross who did the whole thing with one finger sticking up at a jaunty angle after a slip before Grasmere - I hope its not broken. Thanks to you and Catherine for sharing your great line off the pike.
Clare GVS
Front runner

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Mon May 23, 2011 9:29 am

Larry & I are fine.

Larry just never really got going in the event & I think we would have struggled to make the 1pm cut off time at Angle Tarn. Therefore we contoured around the side of High Raise ( but instead of dropping to Sticks Pass ) & then went through the col before Thunacar Knott. Then dropped back down to Langdale, & retirement, down the side of Pavey Ark.

Home at around 4.30pm, to look after the Very Lovely Janet who is unfortunately in plaster again after a further operation on her achilles last Thursday (the 2no. previous op's not succesfull ).
Another 6 weeks in plaster in prospect so its Janet who needs the sympathy.
More than 13 months now since the first achilles operation.

Well done to all those who completed.
I saw many old friends from other clubs etc... ( as I haven't been on the long race scene for a while ) at the start.
Cheers all.
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Franswallow » Mon May 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Really sorry to hear about Janet's op Craig, can't believe it, what a downer

Please pass on our best regards
thanks
Franswallow
Mid pack runner

Postby LARRY » Mon May 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Yes absolute nightmare as I really wanted this T-Shirt! Again apologies to Craig for the lacklustre performance, but I don't think this qualifies as a full boomerang as I did try to shake it off for 5 hours before admitting defeat. :cry:

On the plus side I think I have figured out that the problem may have been related to side effects from my hayfever tablets fexofenadine which are new, that's my excuse anyway!

Always next year if I can find anyone daft enough to partner me.
L :roll:
LARRY
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running