Post AW/TWA Sunday Lakes Run

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Post AW/TWA Sunday Lakes Run

Postby Tom Whittington » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:29 am

I'm staying up after TWA and plan to do some BG reccying on Sunday with a couple of guys. Having run Leg 1 last weekend I'll do something different, although closure of Dunmail from just north of the BG layby does cause a slight logistics challenge. I'm thinking either Leg 2 as far as Dollywagon/Grizedale Tarn and back, or Leg 3 to Esk Hause and then back (probably taking the easier Old County Tops Line). Option 1 is around 32km and 2,000m ascent. Option 2 is a bit shorter with similar ascent.

Option 3 is a shorter foray of leg 5 and might well be determined by the number of beers consumed Saturday night!

Anyone who fancies joining us is more than welcome.

Cheers,

Tom
Tom Whittington
Mid pack runner

Re: Post AW/TWA Sunday Lakes Run

Postby broon69 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Tom I maybe up for a run on Sunday. I assume you have accommodation sorted.

Cheers
Graham
broon69
Front runner

Postby MissRunningBear » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:01 pm

I'll be up for some Bob fun... Was going to play on the Rab MMM but Bob is edging it... Dog & Gun on Sat?!
MissRunningBear
Plodder

Postby Tom Whittington » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi Graham,

I haven't booked accommodation but have a plan with Larry to camp in Braithwaite, or stay in my static in Coniston. Final plans will come together next few days so I'll let you know! Either way you are welcome to come along.

Kirsty, not sure of the hostelry of choice yet, always enjoy the D&G and it would be an important recce for Leg 6! We can sort out a check point to meet on Sunday.

Looks like I need to pull my finger out on both counts! My mobile is 07968 550304. Drop me a text and we can sort the detail.

Cheers,

Tom
Tom Whittington
Mid pack runner

Postby MissRunningBear » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:43 pm

Now that sounds like a very important recce... Although it's the only leg I need no training on!
MissRunningBear
Plodder

Postby Tom Whittington » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi Graham,
Just wondering whether I need to factor you in with accommodations plans? Need to make a call tomorrow. Camping now off the agenda and more likely to be B&B in Keswick, or Youth Hostel in Grasmere.
Cheers, Tom
Tom Whittington
Mid pack runner

Return to Fell Running