Sunday Run 7th Feruary 2016

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Sunday Run 7th Feruary 2016

Postby david tucker » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:25 pm

9.30. Robin Hood, Church Lane, Rainow, Macclesfield, SK10 5XE.

http://www.robinhoodrainow.com/

The Robin Hood at Rainow

A ~2 hour off-road run from this local venue to enjoy the rolling countryside at a steady pace.

Park in the adjacent side road to avoid clogging up their car park!

Tea and stuff in the pub afterwards which is open from 9.30 as a cafe - confirmed

david tucker
Elite athlete

Re: Sunday Run 7th Feruary 2016

Postby Donworkin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:29 pm

That's good, it's a venue worth promoting as the proprietor is an affable chap and appears to bend over backwards to satisfy customers needs, though not quite far enough to become unstuck. No, our Potters group have visited the pub on a few occasions since new management's taken change and on one of them opened the doors for us when they were in closing hours and even had a roaring open fire waiting for us after the run. But this isn't really surprising considering the effect the Potters have on society. There presence lights up many a place, not because they burn it down but because the charisma in the group is powerful stuff. if you would like to join in the fun sometime you're most welcome. There is an initiation ceremony though, which has to be performed but I'm sure you'll survive. I've forgot how it goes now but if you cross my palm with silver I'll see to it that you'll not come to too much harm, though I can't promise that as there are one or two sadistic elements in the group that need dealing with. They actually need rooting out and thrown on the compost heap, where I'm sure Mr Turnip, could sort them out. :D
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Postby david tucker » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:10 pm

By Sunday morning it will be all sunshine, blue sky, the rain long departed - well maybe but it will be fun anyway.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby Brian J » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:06 pm

A very pleasant run today, nicely over the 2 hours but in pleasant conditions. Many thanks.
I think we rather overwhelmed the pub. Perhaps they should do mass servings of tea from a large samovar next time we go rather than have lots of individual servings on little trays lined with smart blue and white gingham.
Following our visit of the aircrash site on Shining Tor here is the link to the peak district air crashes site http://www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/pages/peakdistrict/peakdistrictlx745.htm.
It was an twin engined Airspeed Oxford on a training flight from RAF Calverley near Nantwich in 1994. All 3 on board were killed.
Brian J
Front runner

Return to Fell Running