Joss Naylor Challenge

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Re: Joss Naylor Challenge

Postby jimkelly » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:13 pm

Latest info on our attempt

We depart Pooley Bridge at 6pm on Friday 31st July ( i.e one hour later than first planned) on a 22 hours schedule (two hours longer)

Approximate times for the 3 crossover points are as follows:
Kirkstone - 22:50pm
Dunmail - 02:30am
Sty Head - 0840am

We are very grateful for the offers of help and support received. Taking major responsibilities for navigation are Phil (leg 1), Julie Gardner (leg 2), Julie and Dave Tucker (leg 3), Chris Cripps, Debs and Annette ( leg 4). Kath and Greg Turner have offered valuable road support. The detailed schedule will follow shortly. It would help Colin and I in finalising the schedule to know whether those who have volunteered to carry our stuff and and provide general encouragement, succour and balm have any particular preferences for any one leg. Please let us know if you are only available for part of the journey, afraid of the dark or susceptible to sunstroke (because the weather will be good) and we'll try and arrange the schedule to fit individual availability.

Other news.Thanks to Julie G, we will have use of the flat at Greendale Bridge which will accommodate a few tired bodies, and a room has been booked at the Strand Inn in Nether Wasdale for dinner and drinks. Nearer the time we will need to get numbers

Finally, if you're still thinking about it, come and join us. It should be good

We are very grateful for all the help and encouragement already received and offered

Jim & Colin
jim kelly
jimkelly
Plodder

Postby mudskimmer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:22 pm

Mmmm - you've moved it from the 25th to the 31st - LUCKILY for you we will still be in the Lakes. Don't worry - we will be there but will obviously need to co-ordinate any clothes, 'special food' etc you need.

Kath
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby jimkelly » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi Kath, sorry for the misunderstanding. That earlier date was one of two or three that was mooted before we settled finally on 31/07 - 01/08, and that is the date throughout this thread. Of course, you and Greg were amongst the first to sign up so we should have anticipated possible uncertainties. But it's good that you are available nevertheless...and a relief.
Do you anticipate being at Pooley Bridge in advance of the 6pm start? If so, we can give you our bags etc then, and of course, we'll make sure we talk before then
Jim
jim kelly
jimkelly
Plodder

Postby mudskimmer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Yes we will be at Pooley before 6pm. The problem with using the forum for essential comms is that as other posts get added, the previous posts can get lost - still no harm done.
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby jimkelly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:02 pm

An email containing latest information on our JNC attempt (fixed for 31st July - 1st August) has been sent today to all those who've indicated they will be able to support Colin and I. If you thought you had offered to help and have not received the email, please let us know asap. Also, if you had previously been uncertain because of possible work or family commitments, but would now like to join the party, do let us know. The more the merrier!
jim kelly
jimkelly
Plodder

Postby Northern Chris » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:06 pm

I'll be at styhead. Debs has an Epic swim in Keswick on Saturday rearranged from a few weeks ago when the weathers was a tat breezy so is planning to come out on leg one. We'll arrange something this week. C.
Northern Chris
Mid pack runner

Postby jimkelly » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:57 am

Thanks Chris, I do appreciate your support. I think you probably know (via Phil) that regrettably Colin is sidelined with an ankle injury so it will now be a solo attempt. Fingers crossed for calm weather!
jim kelly
jimkelly
Plodder

Previous

Return to Fell Running