Weekend away - 30th Nov - Dec 1st

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Re: Weekend away - 30th Nov - Dec 1st

Postby John Rowlands » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:17 pm

I wont be coming down to Shrophire for the weekend, im just travelling down for the Cardington Cracker, for those that are doing it see you there, if not have a good weekend.
John Rowlands
Plodder

Postby Julian Brown » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:10 pm

We'd like to thank everyone for your company over the weekend and especially Trev for suggesting it. Good to see all sorts of folk cheering on the race ! Especially Saam who Jo says has all of his dads speed.....

The Longville Arms would also like to thank the Harriers, apparently if we'd spent another 50 quid with them we could have bought the place.

Shame the YHA underestimated our ability to put away breakfast..

We should do it again soon.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Yes,a great weekend & sorry I ruined Dave J`s sleep!!!!!!
Thanks to Pete C for the quiz & to Jules for singlehandedly winning it for Johnny & the Hurricanes.Apologies to Saam`s team if I upset anyone.
I would encourage folk to complain to YHA about the food standards & service.If YHA are setting this as a national menu & standard they are finished.The last 2 meals we had were very good quality & value....this weekend was appalling.
On a personal note I was pleased (&not a little relieved) to complete a category A fellrace after a 6 month hiatus with my ticker.I was dead last after 20 minutes & really struggling (I suspect my medication depresses my heart rate & is preventing getting going properly) but after that I felt OK & passed a few & even caught Brian J,though proved unable to keep with him on the flat at the end.Thanks to the Stretton Skyline group for their enthusiastic(not to sat crazed) support & to the walkers for somewhat saner help.
We should do more of this,if only to hear Tucker`s polemics about hostels.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Brian J » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Many thanks Trevor for being the instigator of a excellent weekend. We must dust down the idea that Trevor and I have discussed of a Bowland weekend. The Cardington Cracker is a great fell race, particularly in such fine weather with so many vociferous supporters on Caer Caradoc. Was it a mistake to run away from Phil after he caught me towards the end? He assures me that it will have no effect on my handicapping, but then I suppose if you believe that then you would believe anything.
Brian J
Front runner

Postby Hazel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks Trev for organising such a smashing weekend away and thanks Pete for the quiz which must have taken a while to put together. I had a brilliant time and really look forward to the next weekend away, especially if there is another fell race that I can cheer everyone along on :lol:
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby fellsman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 pm

I would like to thank everybody who turned out for the weekend as you all contributed in some way towards the enjoyment. It is fairly easy to organise a weekend away, but you cannot force people to go. Reminds me of the proverb 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink'. A special thanks to Pete for organising the quiz which kept us entertained and Dave W, you really must invest in some good sleeping tablets !
fellsman
Mid pack runner

Postby Digby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks for organising, Trev, Saam and I really enjoyed it. Also thanks to Pete for another excellent quiz. I'll make sure I'm on Jules' team next time!!
Diggers
Digby
Elite athlete

Previous

Return to Fell Running