Saturday May 5th

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Saturday May 5th

Postby Hazel » Thu May 03, 2012 3:34 pm

As proposed trip to the Lakes has been cancelled due to illness, Julie Gardner and myself are doing the "Seven Clouds Summits?" instead. (Not exactly sure what it is called, but apparently an old LDWA event). The route is approximately 33 miles and Julie will post the "Summits" to be visited later today. We're starting from the Cat and Fiddle at 8.00 am and propose to be back no later than 4.30 pm as I have now promised to watch the Cup Final with my grandson and family! If we are running short of time we will cut the route a bit, as I don't fancy being lynched! If you fancy joining us, please be ready for a prompt start from the Cat at 8.00am
Hazel
Elite athlete

Re: Saturday May 5th

Postby Julie Gardner » Thu May 03, 2012 10:06 pm

The LDWA event used to start from Rushton Spencer, however we are going from the Cat and Fiddle. The summits are Shining Tor, Teggs Nose, Croker Hill, Bosley Cloud, Gun Hill, Hen Cloud and Shutlingsloe. There is an option of missing Bosley Cloud out and therefore reducing the time and mileage (this will allow Hazel time to get back for footie)? However, this loop can always be done another time to link the whole route up.

It is a fine day out and compliments the Bullock Smithy and High Peak 40. I can highly recommend and very sorry for such short notice. Not to be sniffed at.

Julie
Julie Gardner
Mid pack runner

Postby Brian J » Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 am

Hope to join you, even though I will be out late the night before and it is not the ideal preparation for the British Orienteering Relays on Sunday.
Brian J
Front runner

Postby Simon » Fri May 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Would love to join you but still ill. :x

Have a good day out :D
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Sat May 05, 2012 12:55 pm

I saw you three as you approached Walker Barn as I drove towards Buxton at about 9 30 ish - I waved furiously but you were in another world! :)
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Hazel » Sat May 05, 2012 8:16 pm

What a grand day out. Thank you Julie and Brian for great route and company. Sorry didn't see you Colin, we were in another world, the wonderful car free one!!!!
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby Brian J » Sat May 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Many thanks to Hazel and Julie for an excellent day out. That was a tough day out. As I started to fall apart on after Gradbach I couldn't help being reminded of Jimmie Vaughan's performance at last night's Burnley Blues Festival. As you blues fans will know he was a founder member of The Fabulous Thunderbirds. Seeing my companions disappearing into the near distance my mind kept returning to one of their numbers "She's tuff". That applied to both of them, particularly to Hazel as she sped off into the far distance for her date with the Cup Final. Then as I descended Shutlingsloe I was reminded of some other Thunderbirds as my style of descent must have looked like the way the famous puppets moved. Reaching the car and reflecting on the day I though of another Thunderbirds number "Tuff enuff". Yes, tuff enuff indeed!
Brian J
Front runner

Postby Simon » Sun May 06, 2012 10:04 am

Sorry I missed it... sounds like a great day. Thanks for calling in; was good to see you all, and sorry I looked so tramp-like. Feeling a bit better today... fingers crossed.
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Martin » Sun May 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Brian - what you needed was Two Wings (Strange Pleasure)
Martin
Plodder

Postby MikeG » Wed May 16, 2012 6:37 pm

The LDWA circuit was called the Cloud 7 circuit.
I have a paper copy of the route description (3 pages of A4), if anyone is interested.
best wishes, Mike G
MikeG
Mid pack runner

Return to Fell Running