Bob Graham Round

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Bob Graham Round

Postby andreajsteel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:18 pm

As you are probably aware Simon and I are intending to attempt a BGR on the 25th May. We would love some support, navigation and help etc. on the various legs, I am trying to assemble an all women support group (pink team) and Simon, is open to any support he can muster!! (blue team) :lol:

Our training is going well, with plenty of time spent on the hills and days out as time and weather permits. We have a number of recce days scheduled, the first of which is the 27th and 28th Feb (weather dependent), all more than welcome if you fancy some time in the Lakes.

If you can provide support and want to join in the fun that is a BGR (yikes), please post on forum or text me or Simon which leg and/or support you are willing to provide.

Andrea
M: 07554375300
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
andreajsteel
Mid pack runner

Re: Bob Graham Round

Postby mudskimmer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:10 pm

Greg & me had already offered support to Simon - so I am able to support your 'all female' attempt Andrea.
We are also planning to go up to the lakes in Feb when the weather forecast is favourable.
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby LARRY » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 am

It's on my wall planner, happy to offer any reasonable support, although I do draw the line at wearing a dress on the fells! Round town is fine though :shock: .

Larry
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby Philip Barnes » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Very best wishes to both of you. I hope you have a really great time. That is the w/e of the JURA FELL RACE so I shall not be able to join you. Let's hope we both have equally successful weekends!
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict."
http://www.jolokia.uk.com
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby Donworkin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Andrea- If you have problems with support I could don  pink tights to help your cause rather than my black ones,  but I would balk at the suggestion of having to wear body enhancements as well, although I would be quite willing to share the ladies changing facilities- just to keep up appearances mind. :lol:
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:53 am

Yes, after much discussion and head-scratching, preparations are underway, so any offers of support, advice and suggestions will be gratefully received. 25th May not so far off, so a schedule of days out has been drawn up and may well make for good fun and memories.

Post here or else phone if interested.

Looking forward to it and thanks in advance :)

Simon
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 pm

I would be v. pleased to join you on one or more of your recce days, and possibly even provide support for either of you on the day (currently 25/26 May is free in the diary). The only issue I've got is that I work weekdays so can only get long runs in on weekends, and then I still have to maintain a balance within the family (you know what it's like). I may be able to swing a day off here or there though.
Nancy by name...
Nancy
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 am

It'd be great to have you along Nancy. One of the reasons that many of the days we have in mind (though not all of them) is that working shifts makes it easier for me to get weekdays free without TOO much disruption to family life.

I'll try and post the schedule we have on here.... hang on a minute.......

... there.

Date Who Where?

8/02/12 Andrea Handicap

6/02/12 Andrea/Hazel 5 Trigs

14/02/12 Andrea/Hazel Kinder

15/02/12 Andrea/Hazel/Simon Long Day Local

20/02/12 Andrea Handicap

27/02/12 Andrea/Hazel/Simon Lakes 6 hours

28/02/12 Andrea/Hazel/Simon Lakes Leg 1+2

05/03/12 Andrea 30miles local

07/03/12 Andrea/Hazel/Simon Local

21/03/12 Andrea/Hazel/Simon Lakes 6 hours

22/03/12 Andrea/Hazel/Simon Lakes ?

04/04/12 Andrea/Hazel Long Day Local

09/04/12 Andrea/Hazel/Simon Lakes

10/04/12 Andrea/Hazel/Simon Lakes

26/04/12 Andrea/Hazel/Simon Lakes

27/04/12 Andrea/H/Simon Lakes

Not an exhaustive list as we will individually be doing big (and small) days too... it all needs to be fitted around home and work commitments, but there are the bare bones of a plan. The BIG day needs sorting out too ...

All welcome to join the fun. :D

All suggestions welcome... most of the folk reading this have a lot more BG experience than me
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby John Rowlands » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Simon,
I'm free on Monday and Wednesday all day, I have no vehicle but can get the bus to Macclesfield and trot up to your house. The first bus arrives at Macclesfield bus station for 7.00, or the next one arrives at 8.00. Would be good if I could join in?
John Rowlands
Plodder

Postby Simon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:20 pm

I am not going to be out on Monday or Wednesday..... working :(

So, I don't know what arrangements Andrea and Hazel have made... looking at the weather, maybe not a lot!

Has Andrea got your number?... I'll text her.

See you another time mate.
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:21 pm

might be useful to let people know start time and place if you want company :)
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Well there's a strong tradition of starting at the Moot Hall :wink:

Think we'll be sticking to the favoured Macc start between 6 and 7 pm...

As for the training runs, the specifics we'll need to sort nearer the time and post them on this thread, but the more the merrier. I may well do a long route on Friday (weather permitting) starting from Langley at about 09.20 if you fancy that?

Monday's run is Andrea and Hazel's baby as I am earning my keep on Monday.
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks Simon, sorry I meant the training runs!
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Donworkin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:03 pm

A Tuesday run.  7th feb , 10:am

From  Garden Centre, Bullocks Lane, Sutton .  A 3hr+ run over farmland  and  tops to the Ship inn at Winkle aiming to keep this side of the valley, heading towards Algreave with  Dane on right, eventually popping out by the road at Wild Boar PH. 
A route choice from there would be on offer, of either heading to Hanging Gate PH, or over to Croker Hill and into its  wood. Either route is  appealing but if Croker's chosen, close to the end there would be that lovely drag along the canal.
If the conditions are favourable the views should be wonderful and, just maybe a sight of the odd  buzzard or two. 
It'll most likely  be heavy going if the snow's still around  but it'll be worth it if you're  looking to top-up on some stamina training. :lol:
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Working Tuesday too Alan... but an interesting suggestion. What I had in mind was the Handicap Route followed by Croker, Wincle Minn, Wincle Grange, Gradbach, Helmsley Rocks and the Roaches route to Shut; then back to Langley via Teggs summit... but don't have the time this week really.... youngest off school Friday, so that's Friday out. Will post here when next big day on the cards.
Simon
Elite athlete

Next

Return to Fell Running