Naylor Plan

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Naylor Plan

Postby phil cheek » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 am

Hi all,
Here is the the current state of play on times,supporters etc.
Depart 0230.
Leg 1 support Digby,Julie,Everest Mandy,Geoff Pet,Ian Symington
Kirkstone,scheduled at 0633,road support Martin.
Leg 2 support Digby,Everest Mandy,Ian,Geoff
(Digby a second set of eyes on the nav would be appreciated on this as I haven`t been on it recently)
Dunmail,scheduled at 0914,road support Martin followed by returning support to their cars and dismantling tents from Pooley.
Leg 3 support Jon T,Mandy Calvert,Pete Coppack,Simon Cartledge,Digby
Sty Head scheduled at 1400,Leg 4 hill support to carry up food & drink.
Leg 4 navigator Chris Cripps(Pete Coppack & Annette as back-up navigators in case we need to split the attempt at some point on this leg)
Support Jon T,Simon,Julie G,Barbara Haywood,Martin Rands,Colin Ardron(yes & Digby if he`s not got bored!)
Scheduled finish is 1930 & The Strands Inn are expecting us for 2030ish & have a room reserved for us.
If anyone needs a bed for Friday night we have a flat in Greendale(50 yards from the finish)you just need a sleeping bag.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby LARRY » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Me n Jo will be there as well, was thinking maybe leg 1/2 then meet you at Styhead and do a couple summits then slope off down Black Sail Pass see you in the pub? Would that be of any use?

Larry
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks Larry,Jo
Jo will you come on the hill on leg 1/2 or would you be part of the car/supporter shuffle in the morning & then come out on leg4?
Whichever you prefer is useful.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby LARRY » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:36 am

Think Jo will meet me @ Dunmail with car so we should be able to ferry back to Pooley bridge, I am hoping we can both meet you all at Styhead tarn and do Gable, and Kirkfell with you at least.
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:03 am

Just spoken to Dave Walker... he'll car share with me and Digby.

I plan to leave Macc Friday evening; drop Digby off at Pooley Bridge en route to Wasdale; pitch tent; eat; sleep; get round to Dunmail for 8-ish; accompany runners for remainder of route to Wasdale.

Possibly having dropped me at Dunmail, Dave may then drive to Wasdale, and run out from there to meet incoming somewhere on Leg 4.

I have to come back to Macc Saturday evening, but could leave the tent with Dave and Diggers, provided they are able to get transport home on the Sunday... any offers?

Does sound feasible to all concerned?

If not, we can revisit the drawing board..

07709 261715
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 am

I`m sure we can make that work.Don`t forget the flat in Greendale is available Friday which saves you a few miles & the need for a tent.That would be good for me as you could save me having to go round that way with provisions etc.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby lemming » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Does anyone have a spare space in a car going up on Friday evening? I don't need a lift back but a lift up would be handy.

Ian S
lemming
Plodder

Postby Mr T » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm planning to drive up on Friday evening straight after work (in Bollington) and drive direct to Church Stile camp site, Nether Wasdale. May see if I can leave early as camp site have said they'll only hold pitch up until 8pm. I have space in my car. Any use to you Ian? Where do you need picking up. I'll need to get to Dunmail Raise ready for Leg 3 and 4 Saturday am. Happy to drive there and leave my car if necessary and give lifts obviously.
Old enough to know better, daft enough to still give it a go...
Mr T
Mid pack runner

Postby Digby » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi Simon,
Thank you for that kind offer - that would be great.
Is there space in anyone's car back to Macc on Sunday?
Cheers, Digby
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:06 am

Mr T wrote:I'm planning to drive up on Friday evening straight after work (in Bollington) and drive direct to Church Stile camp site, Nether Wasdale. May see if I can leave early as camp site have said they'll only hold pitch up until 8pm. I have space in my car. Any use to you Ian? Where do you need picking up. I'll need to get to Dunmail Raise ready for Leg 3 and 4 Saturday am. Happy to drive there and leave my car if necessary and give lifts obviously.

When you get there Jon, can you tell them I'm on my way!!!

I may not be able to get to Wasdale for 8.

Digby, precisely where and when to pick you up, we could sort next week.

Does the above plan look OK? Perhaps leave Macc between 6 and 7?
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby lemming » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks for the offer Jon but I'm down for leg1 duties so don't think it will work. I'll bring the CD with your BGR photos up at the weekend.

It's not a problem, I can take the car but was hoping to leave it at home for Florence.

Ian
lemming
Plodder

Postby geofpet1 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:25 pm

I'll arrive about 2am, where is the precise start? Is the flat available on sat?
geofpet1
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:32 am

Geoff,
Start is on the bridge in Pooley Bridge.
Room for 1 in the flat but might be floor.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby geofpet1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm

I'd like to crash in the flat sat night then please!
geofpet1
Elite athlete

Postby Julie Gardner » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:59 am

Phil

I may have lost the plot a little but how many people are attempting the JNR and do you know now whose stuff we are carrying? It would be a good idea for support to know whom to pass provisions and gear onto whilst contenders refuel. How long are the rest stops and if you split from Sty Head seperate timing sheets for that leg will be needed or are we having individual ones all the time?

I will be on Pooley Bridge from 2am - what are peoples plans the short night before? Camping?

Is Monica showing up at all and have you let Joss know that the Macc lads and lasses are coming - not to mention Johnny long legs, whom Joss is very fond of.

Julie
Julie Gardner
Mid pack runner

Next

Return to Fell Running