Sunday Run 2nd October 2016

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Sunday Run 2nd October 2016

Postby david tucker » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:12 pm

9.30 Station Car Park, Edale.

It's going to be a nice sunny day Sunday so time to get out into the hills. Hazel has some cunning plans, starting with an ascent of Ringing Roger, then see where we go from there?

View from Mam Tor looking towards Hollins Cross

Meet & park in the freebie station car park just beyond the station car park proper! Its manned every now and then so it's bad luck if this Sunday is one of those days. The NT station cafe afterwards for tea & cakes.

If convenient meet en-route at Tucker's at 8.45 to car compress.

david tucker
Elite athlete

Re: Sunday Run 2nd October 2016

Postby Hazel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:01 pm

My plan - Ringing Roger, Win Hill, Losehill, Mam Tor and return to Edale down bridleway. 13 miles with a reasonable amount of ascent, so those of you doing the Fell Relays in a couple of weeks who want to get some hills and miles in your legs, or anyone keen for a longer run it will be great if you can join me. I will be parking in main car park as I can park there for free as I am a High Peak resident, so could we all please meet outside the cafe ([url][/url]before the run Tucker!!)
The forecast is good, light winds sun and no rain, yipeee
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby jimkelly » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:54 pm

Looks to be a longer run than most Sundays, Hazel. How long do you think we'll be out? I have to be home early afternoon

Jim
jim kelly
jimkelly
Plodder

Postby Hazel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Yes, it will be longer than usual Jim, and as you know it is often difficult to estimate the time it will take for a variety of reasons. However, I can't imagine it being any longer than 3 hours at the most. When we get to Hollins Cross there is the option to 'drop off' there saving a mile or so!!!! Hope you can come along
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby jimkelly » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Bit too long given my commitments for the rest of the day. A pity as the forecast looks perfect.
There will be an alternative run from Teggs bottom CP starting 09:30. Steady pace, 1.5 to 2 hours.
jim kelly
jimkelly
Plodder

Return to Fell Running