Sunday Run 7th August 2016

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Sunday Run 7th August 2016

Postby david tucker » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:18 pm

9.30 Old Glossop, Shepley Street, Factory Car park. SK 043947

Hazel is taking us on a Peak District adventure into the high hills of Bleaklow and the Pennine Way. A ~2 hour off- road run at a steady pace over moorland and upland tracks.

Just what you need on a Sunday morning if you're not going to the Borrowdale race.

The Wain Stones, Bleaklow.

If you haven't been on the moors around Glossop for a while, you will notice how green it all is now since re-planting begun and sheep were banned.

Meet and park in the "factory car park". Directions: From Glossop's High Street turn left along Manor Park Road into Old Glossop. Turn right along Shepley Street, passing the factory to the bus turning circle and park there - but not actually in the turning circle!

If convenient, meet up first at Tucker's to car share / directions. Be there at 8.40am.

Afterwards in the famous greasy cafe in the town centre.

david tucker
Elite athlete

Re: Sunday Run 7th August 2016

Postby Hazel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:43 pm

The route I have planned is between 7.5 and 8 miles. The forecast is dry and temperatures around 16/17 degrees. Bring plenty of water and sunscreen. It'll be a nice steady pace so we can take in the views and I can get my breath back.
Hazel
Elite athlete

Re: Sunday Run 7th August 2016

Postby BrianMac » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:50 pm

A few snaps from this morning's run. Thanks Hazel for leading. Thanks Jude for tea, your turn next time Tux.
Inspired by the Kissing Stones, isn't that sweet.
Running Repairs (didn't last long)
BrianMac
Honorary Paparazzi

Return to Fell Running