Alternative Sunday run 10th July

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Alternative Sunday run 10th July

Postby Hazel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:09 pm

For those of you who would like a different venue a little further afield, an 8 mile run starting at the National Trust car park in Eyam (the plague village) SK2161 7673 at 9.30 am (on the road to the Youth Hostel) taking in the tiny village of Abney, in and out of beautiful cloughs and crossing Offerton and Eyam Moors
Hazel
Elite athlete

Re: Alternative Sunday run 10th July

Postby Pimmy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Hazel

Heather is thinking of joining you is the pace likely to be very fast she is prone to a recurring knee problem at the moment.

Chris
Pimmy
Plodder

Postby Hazel » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:25 am

Hi Chris. Please tell Heather not to worry, it will be at a speed to suit. The forecast for Eyam tomorrow is cloudy but dry and warm and I am assuming the run will probably be a bit over 2 hours, depending of course on the speed and stops for scenery! It is 8 miles on a variety of terrain, tracks, a bit of road, moorland, and of course hilly. For those who don't know the area the scenery is beautiful. Afterwards we intend going to the Yonderman Cafe at Wardlow Mires just up the road from Eyam (some people travel miles to go there for their breakfasts) great food and good value
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby Pimmy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:23 am

Hazel

Sold me on the breakfast see you tomorrow!

Chris
Pimmy
Plodder

Postby Donworkin » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Hazel, you make it sound so wonderfully idyllic- which I'm sure it is. It's a we bit too far for me this particular Sunday. I've always imagined the place to be perpetually sunny; maybe due to the area's affluence. Unfortunately can't say that about the area I'm at, where effluence holds sway- especially when they forget to clean the drains.
That reminds me; I hope Tux, is wearing the right hat on Sunday's run cos if he doesn't l'll be in deep sh*t. His bottom lip tends to quiver just a little when put under some pressure and leading, and it's possible he'll be wearing his favourite pair of horns in the morning. Gulp! :(

Sent from my iPhone
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Postby mudskimmer » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Don't worry bout pace - I'll have the hairy boys with me Nd they're guaranteed to slow things down...
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby Donworkin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Hazel, we presume you had a conducive run this Sunday morning and in conditions that were most favourable for the group that you were leading.
The group from Bullocks Lane, which Donworkin joined, appeared to enjoy themselves with Tux at the helm. He (Don), left several minutes before the the rest did so as to steal a march on them cos these days, Don, unfortunately, isn't able to keep the pace they're capable of sustaining. But knowing the route gave him a big advantage, to the extent corners could be taken if need arises- which, on a couple of occasions, they were, and so allowed the old sod to stay in contact through to the end of the run. And I must say That was rather pleasing and therapeutic for Donworkin, and it made his day- no amount of pills could replace that sort of feeling, if you know what I mean.

The conditions felt close at times but still enjoyable, though rather wet underfoot in the long grass. The shower that came later on had a few of us reaching for our cags but it didn't last and before we knew it the run was over and we all piled into the garden centre for a deserving hot drink and a tasty snack.

Thanks for leading Tux, and for wearing a hat without horns. :D
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Postby mudskimmer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:29 pm

6 humans & 3 pooches enjoyed sunshine, fab views and Hazels cakes. An enjoyable run many thanks to Hazel.
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby mudskimmer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Oops - 7 humans, Trev came too...
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running