Teggs Nose, Monday nights.

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Teggs Nose, Monday nights.

Postby Donworkin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:59 pm

John, I’ll join the Monday night group at Teggs Nose, if you don’t mind. Last time there for me would be 3 years ago now or, was it more? That was when I stopped going because I couldn’t keep up with the runners, ending up mostly by myself. But seeing there is an option now, I wouldn’t mind mingling with the slowest group, even though I may struggle keeping up with them. But one must try. Such is life for an old codger.

While I’m here I might as well tell you about last evening when something out of the ordinary happened to me. I was making my way back home from selling some eggs to someone I often supply and, if I may say so they’re exceedingly tasty but, I think I may be digressing too far from the Happening, so I’ll now proceed with haste.
While climbing Park Lane I noticed two extraordinarily beautiful young women coming my way, approaching with broad smiles on angel like faces. I then caught sight of what appeared to be black bibles they were carrying. It was true and any hopes of salvation for me were now truly dashed. The long blond haired one said to me,' we’re missionaries'. On passing by I spontaneously replied, well-done, keep up the good work. For some reason or other, they burst out laughing.

Huh, it’s fortunate they didn’t have a Brian Jackson to contend with. He would have been more than happy to converse with them. Enlightening them, no doubt on the ways of redemption, how to explain the meaning of life and what time the pubs close. By the time they’d got a word in edgeways their bibles would have turned to pulp. But then our Brian is no ordinary being. I’m sure He’s from another place, another world. Possibly sent here on a mission too. To improve the lot of others he came into contact with, wherever he happened to touch down. It’s just that he landed in East Cheshire and stayed put. Such a long way from home.
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Re: Teggs Nose, Monday nights.

Postby Pimmy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:01 am

Heather and I are hoping to get there tonight and hope that the slow group wouldn't mind us joining in with them.

Chris
Pimmy
Plodder

Postby Jon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Look forward to seeing you this evening.

Here are the two routes. There are four shorter options to the longer route.

Longer route: http://runkeeper.com/user/JonFalkner/route/3916606
Shorter route: http://runkeeper.com/user/JonFalkner/route/3916513
Jon
Front runner

Postby jimmywills » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:23 pm

As I am crap with maps does it mean we are heading towards Rainow?
jimmywills
Plodder

Postby Jon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Yes, Macc Forest, Lamaload reservoir and Rainow
Jon
Front runner

Postby Donworkin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:59 pm

Thanks for the run Jon, in enjoyable conditions. I could see you put some thought into the routes so well done. I'll try and make it a habit of turning out for this one if I survive the weekends.

A potter a day keeps the reaper at bay. :D
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running