new inov 8 mudclaw

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

new inov 8 mudclaw

Postby neil clarke » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:22 pm

just to let you know,the new mudclaw has arrived at running bear..this one is blue/red..its quite stripped down too,feels a bit like a race version..my size 9.5 are 280grm while my old yellow ones are 340grm..the heel is redesigned and ive had no probs with it..the older model always gave me blisters and i had to cut away patr of heel ! anyhow, running bear doing 20% off for harriers/FRA..so mine were £76 instead of usual £95...neil
neil clarke
Plodder

Re: new inov 8 mudclaw

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Not quite the same thing but if you are looking for a bargain I thought the following may be of interest:-

Sports Direct ( recently opened in Macc) are (or were last week) flogging Karrimor (no relation to the original) Trail Shoes at the princely sum of £24.99. Now at that price you could just use them for gardening but I am actually quite pleased with the pair I bought. They are sturdily built, good grip on most terrain and comfortable. They are not and don't purport to be a racing shoe but at the price it has to be considered as a very useful training shoe.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Re: new inov 8 mudclaw

Postby jimkelly » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Following your advice, Colin, I bought me a pair of these Karrimor trail shoes two days ago, still priced at £24.99, and they are as you described. Only done a short road run so far but am quite happy with them. There seem to be plenty in stock.
jim kelly
jimkelly
Plodder

Return to Fell Running