Craig`s funeral

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Craig`s funeral

Postby phil cheek » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Just feel I need to thank everyone involved for a moving & inspirational tribute to Craig today.
The minister was brilliant,Janet ,her daughters,Mark & Craig`s climbing mate all brave,humorous & informative in their tributes.
The fact that 50+ fell runners & many more Harriers from other disciplines attended speaks volumes for the impact Craig had on us as a club & as individuals.
There can be no finer tribute to Craig than the fact that today`s gathering was a veritable who`s who of long distance fell runners,all of whom had enjoyed & benefitted from his support on the hills that we all love so much.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Re: Craig`s funeral

Postby Colin Ardron » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:32 am

Just one more tribute to Craig which I think is a fair reflection of his character and personality.

Not long after we met (soon after he moved up to Macc and joined the Harriers), I rather shyly admitted to having done some climbing although not of a high standard. His immediate response was, "well why don't we go out on a Tuesday evening and do a few local climbs"? He hardly knew me, didn't know whether I'd be a complete duffer and a liability but he repeated this offer on a number of occasions before I gave in. And didn't we have a smashing time - he took me up routes that I had only dreamt about doing and couldn't have asked for a better and more considerate lead. We never did get to do Valkyrie on the Roaches even though Craig had offered several times - my fault, my loss.
He just loved to be "out there" and if that meant climbing (or running) with a beginner or an old 'un like me or anyone else, then he was up for it. He lived life to the full and gave generously to those around him. A true inspiration.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running