Polly Lander Orienteering Trophy

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Polly Lander Orienteering Trophy

Postby Dave Buxton » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:07 am

Thanks to Phil C for another enjoyable evening scouring the hills around the Cat for control points. Had a great time although my "orange tan" took 20 minutes to get rid of following furious scrubbing in the shower. Beer was a nice touch so thanks to our guest runner from Pennine, Phil B for that. Cheers Dave :D
Shady Dave
Dave Buxton
Mid pack runner

Re: Polly Lander Orienteering Trophy

Postby phil cheek » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:51 am

Thanks all for coming & even some of you braving the jungle out to the east of the map.
Special thanks to Jules for maps,Larry & Brian for collecting controls & Phil B for the prizes.
Final total collected will be just shy of £200 which I`ll forward to Chris & which he can then Gift Aid to boost its value further.
Results next week as I`m off to collect contols then to Moidart
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks for setting this up Phil - really enjoyed in spite of going wrong from the off! Must learn to read map properly.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Hazel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks Phil, great fun, and thank you for making sure I had a large scale map. Thanks also Jo for the yummy cakes
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby Brian J » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Many thanks Phil. Most enjoyable and I got the bonus of another run over part of the area collecting controls this morning in beautiful weather without midges and flies. This time I had the time to find no.17 (Stream Junction) and used a better approach.
Congratulations to Tucker! I hope that he doesn't doesn't lose the PLOT over the next 12 months, or he will have to find another.
Will it be a big birthday for Julian at next year's and will that mean there will be lots and lots of cakes?
Brian J
Front runner

Return to Fell Running