Sunday Run 1st June, 9.30am - Bakewell Station Car Park

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Sunday Run 1st June, 9.30am - Bakewell Station Car Park

Postby Hazel » Fri May 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Two beautiful routes from Bakewell, approx 12 and 19 miles, on tracks, fields, moors, woods and very little road. Both routes take you across to Chatsworth, along the river to Beeley and then up onto the moors where Hob Hurst House, a bronze age barrow can be visited if wished. The longer route takes you across to the eastern edges and moors and visits Wellingtons Monument and The Three Ships. Both routes return through the Chatsworth Estate via the Hunting Tower and House. Refreshments can be taken there before the last climb back over the hill to Bakewell if wished. Parking is at the old railway station, situated on the Monsal Trail. (Grid reference SK223690) This is a pay and display but there is free parking on the roadside. There are numerous tea shops in Bakewell only a short walk away from the car park.

Please don't be put off by the mileage as neither route is hard and the climbs are short. If anyone would like a lift from Buxton I shall be leaving my house at 9.00 am. Please let me know if you would like a lift to Bakewell.
Hazel
Elite athlete

Re: Sunday Run 1st June, 9.30am - Bakewell Station Car Park

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Sat May 31, 2014 6:01 pm

Trev and I will be leaving my house ca 8.30 and coming to yours. I'll have an egg box for you.

Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Re: Sunday Run 1st June, 9.30am - Bakewell Station Car Park

Postby Hazel » Sat May 31, 2014 7:33 pm

With chocolate eggs in???!!!!! :D
Hazel
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running