Camp4

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Camp4

Postby Colin Ardron » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Many of us will have bought running and outdoor gear from Camp4 over the years and they have been regular sponsers of the Macc Half and other events. It is with sadness that I learnt today that they have closed down. I'm sure many of us will wish Dave and Lucy the very best in whatever they do in the future.

Camp4 wasn't a bad shop by any stretch of the imagination, they were just victims of the changes in both retail shopping habits and the economy in general.
The on going demise of Macclesfield town centre (by which I mean Chestergate, Market Square and Mill St areas) will in no small measure be hastened on its way if the proposed redevelopment goes ahead in the form promoted by the partnership of East Cheshire Council and Wilson Bowden. Go to http://www.wakeupmacc.org.uk for more information on this and what you can do to influence the proposals.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Re: Camp4

Postby Julian Brown » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Sorry to hear that they''ve closed, best wishes to them for the future.

Is it just me that thinks of Village People with one missing....

Macclesfield town centre is, let's be honest, in a fairly desperate state. Fine if you want a takeaway, mobile phone, or a charity shop, but otherwise more than a bit lacking, which is a shame.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby david tucker » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:23 pm

heading like London where only the big corporate boys survive and the small businesses can't compete. Hope Tony Bear is trading OK!
Pity - because Camp 4 was the only place in Macc where you could get quality gear.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Apologies that my link to the Wake Up Macclesfield site was wrong; it should be: http://www.wakeupmacc.org.uk/

and apologies to the other moderators for highjacking the site with this, but it is important for Macclesfield.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby LARRY » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:03 pm

This is not good news, they have a £120 pair of Mammut boots which belong to me, don't suppose they have left any contact details in the windows anyone might have seen? No answer on the phone unsurprisingly, will try an e-mail as well. :(
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:32 am

Very sorry to hear they have closed...they were supporters of the Teggs race and I am all for supporting local business where you can.

I'll be passing the shop later Larry and will have a look for any messages.
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 pm

No joy I'm afraid. No notices and when I asked at the bike shop next door, they had no ideas either... sorry.
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby LARRY » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Tis sorted Simon luckily Mammut uk distributers are in Macc so they have got me boots for me.

ta for looking Larry
LARRY
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running