Car Share for the LAMM 9/10 June

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Car Share for the LAMM 9/10 June

Postby Digby » Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Anyone else doing the LAMM and want to car share?
Will be going up on Friday 8th coming back down on Sunday evening.
Even if you're not doing the LAMM but fancy a w/e in Scotland in the hills you would be welcome. It's a "Southern" this year so within a couple of ours of Glasgow.
Also, here's a note on the LAMM website (www.lamm.co.uk):
CAN YOU HELP?: If you are thinking of coming to the event with someone who is taking part but are not competing yourself and would be able to commit yourself from Friday evening onwards to help with parking, registration, the starts, finishes, midcamp or on the hill, please contact Martin Stone no later than 27th May.
Digby
Elite athlete

Re: Car Share for the LAMM 9/10 June

Postby Brian J » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Heading up to the secret location this weekend to start putting out the controls. The courses look good. Angela Mudge wouldn't plan anything that she would not be prepared to run, so you should be alright then! I know that she has tested out some of the potentially more sporting legs on the A and Elite.
I'll see you and other Macc cometitors, if they are any, on the Friday night. Call in for a cup of tea at the overnight campsite. I will be camped in a faded old Vango Force 10 near the finish tent.
If anyone wants to go up to help then I suspect that the organiser, Martin Stone, will be able to find something for you to do - particularly collecting controls (a very attractive proposition to some Munro and Corbett baggers). Details on the LAMM website.
Brian J
Front runner

Re: Car Share for the LAMM 9/10 June

Postby Digby » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks Brian. Will try and find you on Friday/Saturday.
Digby
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running