Lakes over Bank Holiday

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Lakes over Bank Holiday

Postby phil cheek » Tue May 24, 2011 10:38 am

All
Annette & I have to be at the Gosforth club hut this weekend.Anyone wanting to stay for a day or 2 or 3 will be welcome.Bring sleeping bag & beer money.
New pub of choice is the Horse & Groom,landlord is the brewer from Wasdale microbrewery so excellent ales & good food.
Craig,
Unlikely you`ll want to come that far for a day but if you do need to recce any of the western fells I may be able to help with a lift back to a car?
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Tue May 24, 2011 11:31 am

Very tempting offer Phil ( Thanks ! ) as I have not run most of the 2nd half of the route of JNT for a few years ( I did pacing Debbie Thompson on her FV50 completion ) & it would be interesting to see if it is as swift ( on a sub 12hr schedule ) as the 1st half !. Suspect it is.

What I end up actually doing may depend on whether anybody else is up for a day out. If I am on my own or just a couple of us ( & they are up for it )I will likely run from Pooley Bridge do the whole 1st section then carry on to the 2nd but drop off from Hart Crag / Fairfield area down to Patterdale. Then either hitch or get a bus back to Pooley Bridge.

To run some or all of the 2nd half, options for me parking / start point wise to take up your offer of a lift back etc... would be :
Dunmail
Langdale
Honister or somewhere top of Borrowdale.
All will be a long awkward drive from Gosforth. Have I missed something or do you have a "Cunning Plan" that I have missed or is your offer as I suspect exceptionally generous.
Cheers
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue May 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Craig,
My only thought,hardly a plan or generous offer,was..
You do Dunmail to Esk Hause direct then Naylor to the finish.
I do Wasdale to Esk Hause & finish Naylor with you then drive you to Keswick for a bus(maybe?) back to Dunmail .
PS,"Chin up" to Janet from Annette & I.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed May 25, 2011 9:04 am

Thanks for that Phil something along the lines you suggest could work if I can get a bus at an appropriate time. What day suits you best with it being a 3 day weekend ( think I would prefer Saturday & suspect better chances of a bus then ). I may have some company as SWatts seems mildly interested in a day out.
Will see what develops in the next day or so.
Cheers
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Wed May 25, 2011 11:18 am

Craig,
Saturday for me.
I`m home from tonight then off to Cumbria Friday.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running