MDOC Night Street League, Thursday 28th Feb, Macclesfield

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Re: MDOC Night Street League, Thursday 28th Feb, Macclesfiel

Postby MikeG » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 pm

From Grahame Crawshaw - who co-ordinates these events on bahalf of MDOC:
"Hi all

Many thanks to all Macc harriers who supported our Night Street League event in Macclesfield last Thursday and especially to those who posted such positive comments.

Disputed control sites and codes feature in many post-event discussions, with people visiting the wrong lamp post (possibly in the circle!) and / or writing answers in the wrong box. Unfortunately, as some of you are aware, a couple of more serious "gremlins" crept in on Thursday. This was disappointing and very frustrating for the organising team - who had spent considerable time in mapping the area and planning the event. Lessons have been learned, and I hope that it did not spoil your enjoyment of the evening's entertainment.

We are planning to run another series of Night Street League events in 2013-14 - starting in November. Watch this space!

Best Wishes

Grahame Crawshaw (MDOC NSL Co-ordinator)"

PS I have no idea what the 'gremlins' were, and hope they didn't spoil anyones evening.
best wishes, Mike G
MikeG
Mid pack runner

Postby Clare GVS » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 am

Well done all, glad you enjoyed it!

There's a night event this coming Saturday in Macc Forest, for those whose appetite for scampering about in the dark with a compass has been whetted :)

Info here:
http://www.mdoc.org.uk/

The site also has info about the forthcoming introductory events in Lyme Park in May - great for children and beginners!
Clare GVS
Front runner

Postby fellsman » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Do 'gremlins' like pencils ? If so, that's probably where mine went, heading to the first clue.
fellsman
Mid pack runner

Previous

Return to Fell Running