15 seconds of fame?

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby Ross » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:11 pm

Digby wrote:Well done Warren - I think you'll be winning the Macc Harriers 2007 award for completion of the most challenging long distance endurance event at next years prize giving!

I agree it makes the the tmb sound like a breeze! At least that can only last a maximum of 46 hours not 4 days!!
Well done warren I can't wait to see it
Ross
Plodder

Postby thebunyans » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:59 pm

This has all gone quiet. Come on Warren, when is the show going to be on?.. or have they dropped it because you didn't ending up fighting?
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby warren mason » Fri May 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Just when you thought we'd seen the last of those awful reality TV shows, ITV trots out another piece of low budget trifling nonsense. Allegedly, this series was filmed back in 2007 and has been gathering dust on the shelves ever since. And thanks to the credit crunch, rather than spend some money on commissioning something informative or really entertaining, ITV have decided to show any old rubbish that they'd already paid for and is taking up room in their archives.

So, they are airing the second series of Dating the Enemy from next Monday. The first 3 programmes will be shown Monday to Wednesday next week with the following 3 programmes at the same time the following week. They're scheduled for 10.35pm on ITV1 so I'll be watching Paxman on 2 but if anyone fancies a laugh at my pathetic attempts preserve some dignity whilst dating someone who I have absolutely nothing in common with then by all means tune in. I've been told my show is to be shown on the 8th June, so you've just got time to pop out and buy a 52 inch plasma telly for the occaison!!

If it's as embarrassing as I suspect, I may not be seen for some time, so I hope you all have a good summer on the fells, roads & wheels.
warren mason
C list celebrity

Postby thebunyans » Fri May 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Your avatar finally becomes applicable!

I'll set up the recorder and I'll be selling DVDs for those that missed it.
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby phil cheek » Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Sorry Warren,watching Paxman is completely unacceptable.Only Woss, soaps & britain`s got no talents are worse offences.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:40 pm

From ITV website...

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/datingth ... fault.html

Dating The Enemy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, 8 June 2009, 10:35PM - 11:05PM

Party animal Lezline and fitness fanatic Warren have little in common apart form both being single. Triathlete Warren trains everyday and hardly ever drinks whilst Lezline prides herself on her stamina to party 24 /7. This unlikely couple have agreed to spend four days dating to see if they can find any common ground. Is it an impossible match or can opposites attract?
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby mudskimmer » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:05 am

That's stretching the truth bit 'innit??
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Hasn`t anyone watched this......
I had visions of Warren with some gorgeous slim blonde model,in which case if I`d been him I`d have stuck with it,clubbing,shopping or whatever.
He got an ugly,obese,middle aged smoker.
Warren,you are a star for sticking with it and not murdering her.
And how does a woman like that earn enough money to sleep off her hangover in a "top London hotel".I don`t think so.
Warren tell us more if you dare.
Suddenly Britain`s got no talent,Eastenders etc doesn`t seem so bad,thak god for Springwatch.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:16 am

I thought it was pretty funny. I bet most people think she came out of it better than what Warren did...

Warren.. have you met her again?...
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby Mr Turnip » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 am

"He got an ugly,obese,middle aged smoker. "

ooh you can be so cruel at times Philip. Middle aged? She was only thirty something - that means you must be positively pre-glacial! Me .. I'm just mature. Ugly? Probably made so by her fag habit. Obese? By the standards of today's average numpty she was a whippet. She was game and gave it a go. I notice Warren didn't take her on a run. That might have finished her off. Hey did you see me in the pub?? Fantastic star quality what!
Mr Turnip
Mid pack runner

Postby Lilly » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:46 pm

I was the real bitch of the show - but had to make do with an appearance of about a second. But I was in my rather fetching yellow jacket
Woof Woof
Lilly
Mid pack runner

Postby warren mason » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Back by no demand whatsover, ITV are rolling out a re-run of that damn awful reality TV show, so if you can't get to sleep Saturday night, then 5 minutes of watching it should soon send you off!! ITV1 12.25am
warren mason
C list celebrity

Postby mudskimmer » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:00 pm

......or you could watch Karen McDonald on Countryfile on 5th December for a completely different 15mins of fame!
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Warren, do you want a new avatar?....
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby Donworkin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Maybe as well I've no TV,eh :lol:
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Previous

Return to Fell Running