Bob Graham Summer 2016

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Re: Bob Graham Summer 2016

Postby CJH » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:07 am

Hi Graham
I will let you know this week. Still trying to get more support!
Thanks Carl
CJH
Plodder

Postby John Mooney » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:41 pm

I will help with Leg 4 (Wasdale to Honistor).

John M.
Ghost Runner
John Mooney
Plodder

Postby Rob Gittins » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:24 am

Hi Carl/Dan.
Still up for leg 4 but feel free to put me anywhere else you have gaps, back to back or whatever is necessary.
Cheers
Rob
Rob Gittins
Plodder

Postby CJH » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi Rob

I am putting the final plan together now, should be done by tomorrow. I will let you know tommorrow.

Thanks

Carl
CJH
Plodder

Postby CJH » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi All
This is the list of mules and navigators helping me and Dan this weekend on our BGR. We decided to go for a 23hr round, fingers crossed!
Thanks to all who are coming and to those who have wished us luck.

Start time 18:30
Date 15th – 16 July 2016
Target time for round 23hr

Road Support – Matt Lewis,

Leg 1: Julian Brown – Nav, Kirsty H – Mule

Leg 2: Lawrence Day – Nav, Graham Broon – Mule, Andrew Skelhorn – Mule

Leg 3: Rachael Lawrance – Mule, Rob Gittins – Mule, Graham Broon – Mule

Leg 4: Tom Whittingrton – Nav, Rob Gittins – Mule, John Mooney – Mule

Leg 5: Andria Frost – Nav, Stefan Phillips – Nav, Guénaëlle Piou – Mule

Carl
CJH
Plodder

Postby CJH » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:14 am

Hi All
Dan and I have set up GPS’s with Race Drone so you can track us over the weekend if you wish. Just follow the links below from Friday at 6:30.
Carl – http://racedrone.net/event/bob-graham-round
Dan – http://racedrone.net/event/dan-bob-graham-round
Regards
Carl
CJH
Plodder

Postby Hazel » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:26 pm

The very best of luck chaps. Unfortunately I won't be able to follow trackers as away for weekend, but will be interested to see what times you complete in when I get back.
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby broon69 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:25 am

Some inspiration for those running and those not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-03GxweU30
broon69
Front runner

Postby MissRunningBear » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Good luck you two! You'll be great! Shall follow the tracker and I'll wave over to you from Snowdon around 1500-ish tomorrow! Kirsty x
MissRunningBear
Plodder

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Getting exciting. Think Dan will get back with 15min to 1/2hr to spare. Looks like Carl pulled out at Wasdale or his location device has packed in.
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby Tom Whittington » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Dan was 1.5hrs down at Wasdale and Carl came in 30mins later with shin problems. Dan therefore was 30mins down on a 24hr schedule, but he was climbing well and by Red Pike had got 15mins back. From Robinson the schedule allows 1.5hrs and Dan was bang on for 24hrs. I got a text to indicate he finished with 15mins to spare. Amazing effort. Both Dan and Carl managed brilliantly given very challenging conditions on Leg 2 and Carl was on good form at Wasdale despite the disappointment.
Tom Whittington
Mid pack runner

Postby CJH » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi all,

I just thought I’d send an email to say thank you for all your help and support over the weekend.
The reason I pulled out was due to a severe pain in the extensor tendons in both of my ankles. I think this was aggravated by my shoe laces rubbing in the same spot for that length of time. I was also feeling pretty spaced out at that point! I was feeling pretty ropey before I started with anxiety over an impending cold and I can confirm that this has developed into full-on man ‘flu. So thank you Julian, Graham, Andrea and Dan for talking me into starting.
Firstly, thanks to Kirsty and Julian, who ran an outstanding first leg with Dan and I, what with strong winds robbing my kit and vanishing Julian’s at the end!

For the second leg - a sterling effort by Larry, who kept us on course in horrific weather, along with Graham and Andy.
The third leg – Rob was landed with navigating and did a great job when he wasn’t expecting to do this. He was also not expecting to fall and break his tablet either, sorry Rob! Again, Graham stoically marched on for his second leg, carrying many bottles of water. And Rachael, whose optimistic chatting was a cunning distraction from the pain in my ankles. Thanks Rachael.

On to legs 4 and 5 – well, I missed these ones out, but you all got Dan round and for that I’m really grateful. He truly deserved it and put in a stupendous effort to pull back the time. Good on you Dan.
I mustn’t forget Matt, who was unable to run over the weekend due to an injury, but came and supported by driving and being remarkably upbeat all night and all day.

I’ll be back next year, as time won’t allow this year. It was overwhelming to be supported in such as positive, friendly and warm way. The fell running community is one of a kind and I’m proud to be a part of it.

Carl
PS. Thanks for all the words of support from everyone who offered them.
CJH
Plodder

Previous

Return to Fell Running