Tegg's Nose Fell Race - Saturday 8th August, 1pm

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Re: Tegg's Nose Fell Race - Saturday 8th August, 1pm

Postby Simon » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 pm

Thought I had got this fairly sorted....

Sheepdog folk contacted me, maybe Feb / March time, saying the race would be better started at 13.00 due to scheduling clashed with dog events. So I contacted FRA and website amended. Plus forum postings and facebook...

Today I have e-mailed the contacts I can find for GVS, Glossopdale; DPFR (who replied) SMAC; Stockport; Spectrum and a few others. Hopefully that will be enough to put the word on the street...

Can I ask marshals to check their sections on Saturday by walking the few hundred yards they have around them before the race starts? We're marking the route from 18.30 on the Friday with tape and signs, and hopefully it'll all be intact. Please text me when you are at your positions (if you are not coming to the trials field).

Here's hoping for a nice day and a good turnout.

I'll be at the Trials field for 11.30 to open registration. There won't be any money to handle as it will all be taken at the gate by the stewards and they'll pass it to me later for the charity donation.

Any queries, please call me.

Cheers
Simon
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Rachael » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:10 pm

Simon - useful to actually notice the time change - ie race start 1pm (I was in danger of turning up later, even assumed your post title meant for helpers!!) ... so thought i would reply to the post incase anyone else in harriers glances (like me!) - Thanks for organizing...see you tomorrow.
Rachael
Rachael
Mid pack runner

Postby Simon » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:43 pm

All done for another year.

Results to be sent to webmasters for posting.

Despite angst over the start time and access changes, it all seemed to come together and the Macc crew came up trumps...chapeau!!! 8)

Course record beaten by over 2 minutes and 123 entries...£369 to go to MIND.

Every year brings it's angst and challenges, but once the dust settles, it's not a bad enterprise.

After checking the route at teatime yesterday, and despite my rather dodgy back and knees, I could not resist donning vest and Inov-8s for run round as the failing light cast differing shades and hues across the hills. Someone, somewhere is singing Jerusalem, I am sure.

A sincere thanks to all.
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Neil Gunn » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Results and report on the website.

If any pictures are available please send me a link (for GO! Magazine).

Well done Simon...top effort!

Neil
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Previous

Return to Fell Running