Sunday Run 21st December 2014

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Sunday Run 21st December 2014

Postby david tucker » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:23 am

9.30 Cliff House, Cliff Lane. Higher Hurdsfield,SK10 2PE Macclesfield.

A Sunday winter solstice run, kindly hosted by Mandy & Martin.

Well - maybe no snow but its still the solstice and all downhill now to longer days!

Directions - Leave Macc on the Rainow Rd. Cliff House is at the junction of the second turning on the right after crossing the canal at Hurdsfield. Parking available on the main road.

As it's Christmas there could be mince pies after the run if we're lucky.

~2 hours approx across muddy fields and lanes at a steady pace (unike last week) to suit this time of year. Led by Martin, utilising his local knowledge of this varied landscape on the edge of the Peak National Park.

david tucker
Elite athlete

Re: Sunday Run 21st December 2014

Postby Mandy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:52 pm

There will definitely be mince pies, mulled wine, tea and coffee!
:)
Mandy
Mandy
Front runner

Postby david tucker » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:39 pm

And there certainly was - lots of post run goodies to make it feel really like Christmas. Just what you need after a Winter run in the muddy countryside.

Thanks to the Mandy & martin for putting it all on. Well good.

One feature of the conversation was the number of events being run over the holiday break, so keep an eye on the forum and relevant websites to see what's on.

Neil took some group pics at White Nancy so he may post them here for all to see.

Finally to end on a festive note, here's my favourite cracker joke so far: What did Adam say to Eve on the day before Christmas? It's Christmas, Eve.

Tucker
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby Neil Gunn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:07 pm

Yes ... thanks to Mandy and Martin!

Neil did take pictures.... but they are on Brian's iPhone!

Happy Christmas everybody,

Neil
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Postby Donworkin » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:08 pm

And the hosts did us proud with run and catering. Martin, made sure we were almost legless by the time we returned from the fields, with intention of quelling the anticipated rush for the goodies, which he had succeeded to a point...but only for a while, until bad habits returned and by the end of the session the kitchen looked like a field one. :D

May I say at this time what a wonderful baker, Brian Jackson is. Now we all know he can talk the talk and some may say give him time he could move a corpse quite easily by just talking there. Well I think he should go into the catering business because he certainly knows how to make a fine cake, exceedingly well. They melt in your mouth with such exquisite taste. I approached him with words of admiration regards this exceptional product and he sailed into telling how easy it really is to bake such a thing, like tossing a bit of this and a pinch of that into a bowl and whisking for awhile until it looks right and then words like, bung it in the oven, and so on. At this point I thought, they make it all sound so simple when they know how.
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Postby geofpet1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Thanks Mandy and Martin, great run in great company and lovely mince pies and mulled wine!!
geofpet1
Elite athlete

Postby mudskimmer » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Many thanks Mandy and Martin - good to see everyone. Have a lovely christmas!! :D
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby Brian J » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Many thanks to Martin and Mandy for an excellent Sunday run. Martin made us work long and hard before we were let loose on the refreshments which included copious quantities of mince pies, some of which were made by Mandy. Now despite Alan's flattering remarks I don't recall ever making a mince pie, but then there is no need to when Mandy can do them so well. But when it comes to baking cakes the supreme club champion was missing - on sabbatical in NZ.
Brian J
Front runner

Postby BrianMac » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:59 pm

I would like to add my thanks to our generous hosts, Mandy for cooking and Martin for leading, a true festive outing.
Route is here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44612493/RK_kml%20_2014-12-21_0935.kml
BrianMac
Honorary Paparazzi

Return to Fell Running