2014 Fell Handicap Dec 14th

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Re: 2014 Fell Handicap Dec 14th

Postby david tucker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:43 pm

I didn't think I would win. A lot of people thought I would but I when I saw who was starting quite close behind me I expected to be overtaken at some stage. This normally happens towards the end when the fast boys come flying by. I felt ok when starting off and was in good company with Lilly & Andy for a while before heading off to catch those who had started in front. I pushed on a bit, wondering when it would all go pear shaped but the wheels stayed on and even when I got to Teggs I couldn't see anyone. The icy tracks slowed things down a bit, especially towards the Cat but I guess it was the same for everyone. Tony Bear's new Mudclaws were a real boon and allowed some good downhill "speed" on the grassy descents and contours.

23 Years was a bit too long for a second real victory so I'm planning now on how to get a third before another 23 races are up.

I'm taking it easy now, just sticking to the pensioners' runs.

Apologies to Phil and to the handicap.

Tucker
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby Clare GVS » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks for another fab day out and my congratulations to the handicappers and all the helpers, especially those who nobly gave up their run for the good of the club.

The dog incident was me - the farmer was doing some work in the car park at Clough House farm and one of his dogs took a dislike to Kirby and wrapped her teeth round his neck. Unusually for Kirby, he hadn't actually done anything wrong, he was just trotting along on the lead at the time. Maybe he gave her a funny look. Anyway, no harm done except to his pride and it was all amicably settled. Do Kirsty, John and I get two minutes off our total for the time taken to untangle them? :)
Clare GVS
Front runner

Postby phil cheek » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:45 pm

NO
But thanks for the explanation.
Twas lovely to have Kirby,Rosie & Lilly out & I had enjoyed the company of Scoobie,Mojo & little Bentley on Saturday....even if that meant I had to put up with Pete & Chris!!!! to whome thanks again for helping put out the caution boards.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Previous

Return to Fell Running