ENNERDALE

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

ENNERDALE

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Just spotted the results on CFR website.

This was an English champs race so a high quality field for this Lakeland Classic (27K 2209M!)

There were a few Harriers out including Simon Harding Simon who had another excellent run finishing 9th out of 275 completers. He must have been a bit weary after his previous weeks exploits. Julie Gardner was I think 4th LV50 (including Wendy Dodds)). Also completing this mega race were Andy Ardron and John Mooney.

Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Re: ENNERDALE

Postby Simon Harding » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:52 pm

The race was run off on a low level alternative course as there was a threat of lightning so the organisers were concerned about the safety of the marshals on the tops for what is a long day out at the best of times.

Revised route went around Buttermere, over Scarth gap (?) pass to blacksail hut then up towards windy gap before contouring below great gable and kirk fell then dropping down blacksail pass to the hut. Then followed the long run back down the valley and round the lake.

I think everyone was disappointed not to run the proper route but better safe than sorry and the weather by the end was pretty bad. I don't think anyone felt like they had had an easy run out. The run back along the valley went on for ever!

Well done to everyone who ran what was still a tough event.
Simon Harding
Plodder

Return to Fell Running