High Peak Marathon

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

High Peak Marathon

Postby david tucker » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 am

I'm sure we all wish the HPM'ers the best success for their intrepid exploits Friday night. Esp the teams of Phil, Stephen and Ross and anyone else known to Macc Harriers.

Conditions look good with a clear night with good visibility so good times may result without too much fighting of the elements. I bet you will all be glad to get started and I trust everyone has full teams.

Look forward to the results and tales of ....... Our gallant Fell Section leader, Phil is out there so do post a review once you've had some sleep. Don't do a Fiennes.

david tucker
Elite athlete

Re: High Peak Marathon

Postby geofpet1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Massive congrats to Flippers Gang who I understand broke the long standing ( Sub 9 1988 in 8.07?) Watershed record in around 7.50!! Fantastic achievement - also to v respectable finish of Phils Cartagena Wolves in 11.46, also to any other Macc Harriers involved!!
geofpet1
Elite athlete

Postby Clare GVS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks both, very kind of you! It was a fab night, definitely the best HPM conditions in which I've ever run: beautifully clear with a nearly full moon so navigation was easy, and cold enough that the bog monster was frozen (and so were our water bottles for a while).

Super well done to Flippers' Gang, what an awesome effort! Steve and Simon looked pretty relaxed and comfortable afterwards (although they'd had four hours to recover from their efforts before we came in). Well done too to Digby and co who also posted a very swift time (9-something, I believe)!

Thanks to my awesome team: Captain Phil who fought a bonk bravely for 15 miles and finished with a sprint, Larry who led from start to finish and Ode (Mark) from Mow Cop, who was far too fast for our team (well, Phil and me at least!) really but was too polite to mention it and was great company all night.
Clare GVS
Front runner

Postby mudskimmer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Well Done! Well Done! Well Done All !!
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running