RECHARGEABLE HEAD TORCH

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

RECHARGEABLE HEAD TORCH

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Re last night's chat at the Boars Head. The web link is:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XM-L-XML ... 5d383fee7a

It cost only £14.39! There are alternatives on the E Bay website and the selling company's site "Keygos". Doesn't come with any instructions. Put it on charge for ca 18hrs but the charging light was still lit. Assumed as charger was cold that effectively charged and used it last night for 1hr 20.

Provisionally super value; very lightweight and excellent lighting properties.

Just one "Ultrafirebattery LC 18650 2400MAh 3.7 volts. In hindsight would make sense to have got a spare battery for eg BG support. The batteries come in packs of 2 so if anyone gets this torch happy to share cost of spare (1 each is fine).

Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Re: RECHARGEABLE HEAD TORCH

Postby MuddyBird » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Myself and my husband have both had one of these(the one that can be used on a bike too) for about 18 months now.
A bit on the heavy side compared to competitors but still going strong despite an immense amount of use and abuse!
Outlived and outperformed my Petzl and Silva lamps both of which cost about 6 times more......
Sarah Ledbury
MuddyBird
Plodder

Postby Simon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Just placed an order for one myself... can't resist a good headtorch!

I couldn't see where to order the spare batteries, but if you're still up for it, I'll split a pair with you Barry.

Hope to see you at Wincle tomorrow.
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 pm

I think I'll get one, but a question for Barry - is it zoomable (can the beam spread be adjusted) - the one I have (the one Phil Barnes recommended a bit since) is a mirror rather than a lens and isn't zoomable although the beam pattern is fine for bike use.

Also, it should work OK with 3 rechargable 1.2 V AA cells (but not 'non-rechargable', too many volts !), so I will probably make up a battery pack and see how it gets on. Saves you running out.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 pm

It's not zoomable Julian. It has 3 settings "very" bright; OK to run with light (adequate for me to see) and an intermittant light. The light is hinged so as to adjust angle. Came with 1 battery as stated previously.

cheers Barry

PS Running this afternoon; brief break from family/grandkids so not at Wincle.
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running