Fellsman 2012

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Fellsman 2012

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Another DNF for me. Don't remember having such cold eyeballs before! Good day despite the wind, just too cold and windy for me especially once the sun went down. Race was abandoned shortly after I retired so I wouldn't have finished anyway...
Good to see Martin & Mandy, Julian, Kirsty and Mark. Also 3 Peaks was on too and I saw some of the runners at the front including Simon Harding - bet he didn't expect to hear "go Simon" on top of Whernside!
Nancy by name...
Nancy
Elite athlete

Re: Fellsman 2012

Postby Philip Barnes » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:26 am

Sounds like a tough day Nancy!

Simon finished in a great 18th place in a very competitive field, (jebby only managed 7th!)
Well done mate!
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict."
http://www.jolokia.uk.com
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:48 am

Well done to all those who had a go !!! whether you finished the whole course or not, it's still good time out on your feet.

The organisers had to abandon the event at 1am (which was a bit of a disappointment for those who were fine to carry on) and bus everyone to the finish, because the weather was such that there were several cases of hypothermia - it was certainly a bit draughty, but a long way from the worst weather it's been on the event. Cautionary tale for us all - beware of not taking sufficient / adequate kit !!

Thanks a lot to the Fellsman team, excellent organisation as always.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby Martin » Sun May 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Well done Julian, notching up 15 finishes this year, but still 20 short of being a true veteran
Martin
Plodder

Return to Fell Running