THIS WEDNESDAY RUN THE DUKE BUXTON

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

THIS WEDNESDAY RUN THE DUKE BUXTON

Postby LARRY » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 am

Unfortunately Julie won't be able to join us on this one as she is on her travels competing in the Grand Raid Reunion! Good luck.

So that leaves you with myself, and Rick. Suggest Rick takes the fast lot, and i will take the main group, there will be a few route decriptions to hand out, between us we will try our best to make it something different, maybe even throw in a few hill reps to satisfy Mr Barnes :cry: NOBODY will be left behind so if anybody new fancies joining us please encourage them (bring your spare headtorches), this means I will be sweeping at whatever pace that should be so if someone else wants to be at the front of the main group that would be helpful.

Parking at the pub very limited (car share if possible) but there is plenty of parking either side in the residential areas. Wednesday is Steak night 2 massive steaks for £15 landlady has asked us to pre order if at all possible.

Meet on the tables outside the main entrance.

Any questions let me know.
Larry
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby DominicTook » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:13 pm

I'm going to squeeze this in on wed - sounds like a good group/run.

I just need to sort a lift and if nothing urgent comes up with filming I will be there.

Dom
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

Postby Julian Brown » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Perhaps Barry could lead those wanting a long run.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby Philip Barnes » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Blimey, if Barry leads it, it WILL be along run :shock:
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict."
http://www.jolokia.uk.com
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby LARRY » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am

Myself, and Rick have got a route planned out and should have a few maps to hand out. Route works out at just over 6m and 1300ft, but this doesn't include the 3 opportunities we have worked in for hill reps! From what I can ascertain from some tinternet vids I have been watching (some French lunatic called Sebastien in the Pyrenees), there are 2 types of hill rep, power, and endurance. The power is a reccommended 30 second rep at 95-100% effort and walk down, the endurance is a lower exertion over a longer hill with a jog back down by which time you should have recovered. I am a rank amateur at this so if anyone else wants to take over once we get to the bottom of proposed hills then please do (Mr Cheek). And if anyone has a suitable timing watch for the 30 second rep that would be helpful.

P.S. I would reccomend proper fell shoes it's been raining non-stop here for 2 days and it's a little greasy underfoot!
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby Mr T » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Looks like I'm going to miss out on a lot of fun tonight. Have a good trot out.
Jon T
Old enough to know better, daft enough to still give it a go...
Mr T
Mid pack runner

Postby DominicTook » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:39 pm

OOh this sounds interesting and a lot of fun! I'm up for going but am getting a lift with Skelhorn - but need to confirm he's going tonight. Hopefully see you later!

Dom
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Mr T wrote:Looks like I'm going to miss out on a lot of fun tonight. Have a good trot out.
Jon T

Ditto... work getting in the way!
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby DominicTook » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:57 am

Very enjoyable - as were the hill reps! Been years since I've done any but just what I needed - thanks Larry etc

Bit tricky underfoot, but challenging is always enjoyable.

Dom
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

Return to Fell Running