Beneficial Dictactor

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Beneficial Dictactor

Postby phil cheek » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Craig,
DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I announced my retirement on incontreversible medical advice FOUR years ago & thankfully am still getting out & in virtually no pain from the knee that was supposed to be finished.
You may have to accept that you can`t race,have togo slower,go long & slow.or whatever.
But with any luck you can still enjoy being out there with us for many years.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Simon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:48 am

Sorry to hear of your troubles Craig... take it easy.
Simon
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Possibly Phil is right but managing my problem seems to be a fairly random situation. It doesn't neccesarily occur from racing or doing anything specific. I just seem to run ok for a few months, put so many miles on the clock then there is a breakdown & reccurence. Further the recurrences seem to get more frequent. I was gentle with my last come back & built up in a very controled manner over many months. I avoided racing to a very great extent. I think I have done only 3 or 4 in the last 12 months !. There was a time when I would do 3 or 4 or month year round.

I can hardly be a active fell running club manager / rep when I can't run as such I feel I ought to stand down & hope someone who is out every week etc can take it on. Anyone within the fell section membership fancy the post ?. You would be required to take an active role within the whole clubs committee.

Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby DominicTook » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:43 pm

At least I can understand your frustrations - I think it can hit anytime really for any issue. I'd also like to do more races and inter club competitions but injury keeps knocking me back a bit.

I do hope it clears up and/or one of a few different methods works to help the problem along.

Works keeping me away now - but I hope to be back ASAP and then on for some December races *fingers crossed.

In the meantime - enjoy!

Dom
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:23 am

Sorry to hear of your injury recurrence Craig - I'm out with minor tendon problem (which I've had on and off for last ten years). Rest from racing, plus a gradual build up again via walking to the pub etc will hopefully do the trick. I'm sure it won't stop you climbing though!
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running